Friday, February 04, 2005

Huh?

How could it be that within a few hours of installing a new toilet, both of the other working toilets in the house would fail? Both developed a problem with the fill valve where it would not stop filling the tank, even when the float was pulled up.

I repaired one with the valve out of the toilet we are discarding and the other with a new valve I had in the garage, which I purchased a while back but did not use, for some reason.

But the new toilet is working fine and there are no leaks I can find so the old toilet is coming out today and then we can get started with the shower work. Ellyn wants me to delay as long as possible tearing out the old shower. I guess the idea of having to share a shower with two other people is not what she wants to have happen. Perhaps she is thinking Brian will move to Boston with his new (hopefully) job and then it will be just the two of us in one shower. That she can handle.

No comments: