Sunday, August 20, 2006

How did we get so lucky

For the second time recently, I heard about one of our friends whose kids have, for the most part, disowned them, or visa versa. Neither Ellyn nor I can believe that they have accepted this. We are relatively close to our kids, and also to our siblings and parents, for the most part, and if we were not, it would be very tragic. I am not sure what it is that we did right during "the dark years" of Logan and Brian's up-bringing (just kidding of course, which might be it), but we certainly have not disowned them and, I think, they not us, and we are very interested in everything that is going on in their lives and are always glad to see them or hear from them when we get the chance.

I gave my Dad a call on Friday because it was his 81st birthday and I think he was glad to hear from me. We didn't have much to talk about because I just saw him last month, but it was a nice call and I will do it again sometime before the end of the year.

No comments: