Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Training Days

Ok, I have finally started training for a 5K. I am following the "Couch to 5K" program from coolrunning.com. I started once using the podcasts put out by Robert Ullrey, but I found the music to be too "techno" for my tastes. Also, there was only one for each week, so I had to run to the same music each day for a week before getting a change. Finally, I found there was no pause for stretching after the warm-up.

This lead to me creating my own MP3's for exercising, using classic rock, and a voice track I created using Audacity. Simple and I can change the music each day and will change the voice track each week. I have done the first week's MP3s and will be following the final one on Friday.

Now, if I could just do the training while standing at a computer, this would be much easier.

No comments: