Friday, December 07, 2012

Two Plus Years Away

It has been a long time since I posted here, mainly because I have been posting in our travel blog instead. Since then, I have changed my phone and changed my programming platform as well. HP bought out Palm and discontinued their line of phones and tablets, so I switched to Android. My current phone is a Pantech Breakout. I got it because it was free when we were able to upgrade, but now I kind of regret that decision. These phones are a little quirky, have limited on-board memory, and, although they work very well for what I need, are kinda cheap. Next time I will do a little more research and get something a bit more suitable to what we use them for.

 As it is, I have converted most of my Palm apps to Android, although I have not put any onto the Google Play Store, other than my free Nixie Tube Clock. Last I looked it had 500+ downloads but I am not getting any funds from it. I had gotten enough funds from Palm to buy an Android Table. I got the Vizio table back when it was one of the least expensive ones out there. Now, for less than I paid for it, I could get a Nexus 16G tablet. As it is, it works fine as well, although I dropped it on the power connector once and now the connector is loose enough that it is not easy to get a connection for charging or for connecting for USB debugging.

 So now we are spending most of our stationary time in Sarasota, FL, at the Sun'N'Fun RV Resort. We found this place back in 2010 and have increase our stay here ever since then. We will be here at least 6 months this season and may not head North until May. Here I play horseshoes, go bowling, play in a guitar jam, and teach beginning guitar. The pool is great, they have lots of entertainment, and we have met lots of people we now consider to be our friends here. Plus, Sarasota has some great beaches, the weather is pleasant (today we had dinner outside at a restaurant and it is December 7th), and there is a great Synagogue nearby we like to attend.

 In about 2 weeks, the Chai Chapter of FMCA is coming here for a rally. It should be a lot of fun, We did this last year and it was well attended. This year, there are even more Jewish RV couples coming. It is after Chanukah, but during Christmas week, so we will probably be going out for Chinese food on Christmas Day.

So, go check out my entries on our travel blog to see what we were up to this Summer. It was quite a trip.

No comments: