Sunday, January 23, 2005

Here I am

Been away for a while. Let's see. I have got much of the bathroom gutted now and have rerouted the sink plumbing to the new wall. That went very well. I only had a single leak when I pressurized the water lines and that was where two elbows butted up against each other. I did not leave enough room between them. Resoldering it worked fine. I think I will reroute some of the electircal next and I have to figure out where I am going to put the new lighting. I have to also put a header in where the bookcase will go in the hallway because I discovered there is a beam in the middle of the ceiling which runs across the hallway. The wall where the bookcase will be is supporting one end of that beam.

Today I took a misstep in the attic and stuck my foot through the hallway ceiling. Damn it! Well, I should be able to patch it pretty easily but I would rather not have to.

I also got to use the snowthrower again. We got a 7 1/2 inch snowfall last night. They were predicting more but that was al we got. The wind has been blowing hard today and drifting it a bit. I may have to shovel a bit later if it blows too much into the driveway.

No comments: