Friday, January 28, 2005

A Quiet Week

I spent this week checking out the toilet plumbing situation. Looks like it will be somewhat complicated by the fact I have to go through several floor joists to get to the drain. Although the joists are somewhat short and are not supporting anything other than the bathroom floor, I should probably make sure every thing is properly supported when done. I have to cut through them quite a bit to get the drain pipe in without having several splices. I think I can get away with only cutting two and drilling holes in the rest. I will probably start doing that in ernest next week.

Today I plumbed in the water supply for the toilet. That is the last of the pressurized pipes until I do the shower. No leaks first time I pressurized. I am starting to get pretty confident about my ability to solder copper pipe.

No comments: