Thursday, July 06, 2006

Family Reunion

The 4th of July this year was a chance for my two brothers and I to all get together for the first time in 11 years. Wes and his family came west by car, stopping off to visit with some of Pat's family, and Steve and Laurie came down from VT with their trailer to camp out. I was not as adventurous, flying into Detroit to visit my friend Ken from college, and then I drove my rental to GR.


It was a great weekend. The highlight had to be Wes and Pat's 2-year-old granddaughter, Trinity. She was quite the center of attention much of the time. Another attention-getter was Mom and Dad's pool, which I put a lot of sweat into during the summer of 1966, and which was very refreshing. The weather was wonderfully warm and sunny, so we used the pool 3 times in two days.

Sadly, Ellyn was not feeling up to making the trip. She stayed home and spent time with our son Logan and some of her friends.

No comments: