Sunday, July 16, 2006

I hate bad news

But worst than hearing bad news, I hate deliverying it. Unfortunately, I had to do both recently. On Thursday, while Ellyn was at work, I got a call from a friend of hers in Seatlle, WA, that another friend of hers and her oldest daughter, had been brutally urdered while hiking on Tuesday. Her friend Sydney, who had called, was very teary as she related this news to me. Then I had to call Ellyn and tell her. Her agonized cry of surprise was hard for me to hear.

Now, several news stories have surfaced in the Seattle papers that Ellyn has been looking at, and she has found some pictures we had around here from the last time we were out there, nearly 20 years ago.



Ellyn has been agonizing a bit about the irony that she has been so sick this year and yet her friend, who was healthy and fit enough to be hiking in the Seattle area, was in mortal danger.

No comments: