Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Job crisis

So I suddenly got a job offer from a company I interviewed with last winter called and offered me a fulltime, 2 month contract job at Praxair in Danbury. Although the hourly rate was less than I was getting at CM/IT, it would be a guaranteed 40 hours/week for 2 months with a possibility of an extension beyond that, and, if it was not extended, there was an 80% chance the hiring company would pull me back into their organization. I would have a choice of full or part time then. Sounded pretty good, especially since I had not been getting very many hours with CM/IT lately.

When I talked with Sandra about it, she started talking about different projects she could put me into and started offering not only more hours, but a guaranteed 20 hours/week. Guess she thought I was valuable. Truth is, I like working for CM/IT and have created a relationship with my clientele so I decided to stay. Pretty dumb, huh?

I also wanted to keep some flexibility in my daily schedule. I will have to book some office time when I am not scheduled for any clients to make up the 20 weekly hours but I don't mind that.

No comments: